AUZ 11.1% 1.0¢ australian mines limited

"No matter what you say, the potential off-take partner with the...

1. 670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    "No matter what you say, the potential off-take partner with the biggest need - by far - in the world to secure upstream materials has walked away. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will. Marcus going at the same time confirms it!"

SKI definitely have the most ambitious growth plans among the big battery manufacturers - I doubt they will be able to follow it up on the back of recent events - I know you will dispute this but I dont want you to have to repeat yourself again so please dont.

That being said there are many more companies out there with the same needs - VW group for example will need 4/5Sconis at least. The Ford group have yet to really get involved - despite contemplating such "direct" moves at the start of this year. GM have yet to make such moves. Hyundai/Kia are making big strides and have a wide range of ev ready/in production. Thats four of the biggest car manufacturers in the world, selling over 30million cars in 2017 between them yet to tie down the materials needed to meet their ambitious growth plans.

EVs are still in the introduction phase and have yet to go mainstream and like SKI these manufacturers aren't prepared for what is to come.

Deloitte have estimated that by 2030 it should be around 21million EV sales per annum. Manufacturers are soon going to need to shore up deals to have the ability to make this happen - 2year mine build, 2year ramp up - that takes us to 2024 - by then they will need to be hitting the growth phase(supply deals currently in place may be enough to take them through to this) but if the market is to reach saturation phase then really they will want their plants/materials at full capacity by around 2025/26. That means that 2020/21 will be very important for them to shore up the deals needed to make this happen. As has been said before, SKI 'were' an early mover - their plans are currently falling behind schedule(BB) - but they wont be the only movers.

And that's just barely scratching the surface on the EV story as far as Im concerned. If you want me to believe that this mine has no chance of finding other OTs, please provide a breakdown of where the supply of Ni/Co will come from for 21million EVs. FYI I have done this but would be interested in seeing what you can come up with.

@vintage
    Last edited by hookyonezero: 24/11/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $13.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $34.11K 3.497M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1161990 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 8076002 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.