URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

KH said that nothing can go ahead until the new government sits,...

1. 796 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    KH said that nothing can go ahead until the new government sits, which they expect to happen on the 27th of this month, and it may even happen on the 20th.

Here's more from the AGM on Ukraine:

They knew that formation of UkrAtomProm had stalled, but they didn't know why. UkrAtomProm did something injudicious which got the government's back up. The current ministers have no authority at the moment - new ones will be appointed when government sits.

URA wanted to have the deputy minister for Fuel and Energy there yesterday but he needed ministerial approval to leave the country and as no minister has authority......

KH and Joe Cucvara went to Ukraine in August to plan the implementation of the feasibility study. This was meant to happen in January, I assume that it didn't because of the delay in the formation of UkrAtomProm.

They believe that the political problems have been resolved and that they can now move forward. Unfortunately we didn't get a timeline on this and I forgot to ask.

Production by July 2007 - "that was an accurate repeat of what we were told". Because they had been told this by the Ukrainians they had to tell the market.

Precursor to URA involvement in other deposits in Ukraine.

They are talking to the people who make the decisions, they aren't working from the bottom up as far as the bureaucrats go. The heads of VostGOK and UkrAtomProm will be replaced because they are political appointments, URA are aware of who it is likely to be and it is a very good outcome for us.

We didn't have much time to answer questions but both Kate and Pat said they are happy to answer questions over the phone or via e-mail as long as they aren't aggressive. I will probably do this in the next day or two.

Hopefully this clears up the production in 2007 issue. To me it sounds like the company is doing everything it can to secure these deposits in Ukraine and it would've happened by now if not for the political situation.

I suspect we now aren't going to get timelines etc until deals are done. PR is a very different Chairman to MK and I just don't think he's going to let that sort of info out atm - they've been burnt once already.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.