AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

It depends on what you mean by 'stopping the TO going through'....

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    It depends on what you mean by 'stopping the TO going through'. If MIN get 51% of the shares they'll have effective control of the company, but if you mean what percentage they need to stop AGO from existing it would have to be 100%.

But the Corps Act says that if a buyer gets to 90% of the shares then they can compulsorily acquire the remaining 10%. So if the retail holders are above 10% and won't sell to MIN, then generally speaking MIN can't force the sale and make AGO 'disappear'.

It can of course get a lot more complicated than that, but in short MIN will not have an easy time trying to screw small holders if they stay united and remain above 10%.

It would make more sense for MIN to make a sensible offer rather than battle it out in the Courts with small holders.

PS: I agree that some mind games are being played using the media.

MIN probably have some friendly Journos at AFR and a strategic media campaign is being played here...

The first article speaks of a take over and gives a 'valuation' of AGO at 3.7c.

The second article has a sensationalist headline "Bye Bye Atlas" and then speaks of a small premium to the share price to outrage retail holders, which is likely designed to make the first valuation of 3.7c look attractive.

I think we have some interesting days ahead...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.