AGU 0.00% 1.4¢ aurium resources limited

Gday redfrog, intersting post to kick off the year. Bit of a...

1. 1,263 Posts.
    Gday redfrog, intersting post to kick off the year. Bit of a double edge to that one. I think your comments regarding the loan may be a little premature. I totally understand your concerns given the nature of the transactions conducted by the previous management group. As I have said previously I will now reserve my comments regarding these types of matters until enough facts are available to accurately do so.

I wont say too much about this loan as it will be purely speculatation on my part. What I can say is there is not enough info to decide if this will be good or bad for shareholders at this stage. I agree that entering into an unsecured loan at the same time as raising money seems both risky and strange on the surface. It could also be a good investment decision in some circumstances such as debt to equity conversions if the company has any worthwhile assests. Aurium may end up with a stake in the company as payment if the loan is not repaid. This may be good or bad but they will have something to show for their money.

This is NOT a Scook related deal, which is a good start considering the nature of the attention he receives. So far the new crew has shown that they can be trusted on other points. I believe they have also made new connections in the investment communtity (just my observations only).

I have my theories about this and I am keeping them to myself at this stage so that there is no rumours, innuendo or misinformation. My comments will be reserved until such time as all the info is at hand.

I will say that on one hand it would be good to see Aurium branch out and take on a project of their own, maybe even a new focus aside from the Padbury JV. The Padbury JV is essentially an investment and with their 30% stake I think they look like a future take over target as a vehicle for a larger company to gain exposure that major project. If that was happen, what happens to Aurium and its shareholders? Will the players call it a day or move on to something new?

Someone recently told me their theories and preferred considerations behind their investement decisions. Maybe they were appealing to my way of thinking or maybe they meant it. Its nice to be able to consider things beside your back pocket, such as the environment and the community and the economy and the future and.....but the key word is probably ETHICS.

Nothing wrong with trying to make a dollar but I try to do so within my own code of ethics. Not an easy thing to do, but possible never the less. I know you agree with me on this redfrog.

I am in danger of digressing so Ill reel it back in. There are plenty of positives here to focus on and 2010 looks to be a ripper if everything falls into place. I am hoping 2010 is a defining year for AGU, both for its success and hopefully its break away from it not less than appealing past. You just never know.

Best wishes to all in the new year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.