AGY 7.69% 4.2¢ argosy minerals limited

I know everyone will see this and think 'Hooray, short squeeze...

1. 5,564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2208
    I know everyone will see this and think 'Hooray, short squeeze coming, all aboard the rocket to the moon!' but the shorters aren't stupid, they'll wait for the excitement of the rally to cool off over the weekend and capitalise on the sudden jump to try to push the price down on Monday - if we're honest we all know that any time there is a rapid price rise, some folks will want an exit. There's even a gap down to 13.5c to help them. They may or may not be successful, but that will be their plan, and most likely they'll at least be able to exit at prices in the range of the lower end of today's candle on Monday. Hey, they may fail and we may see the rocket continue on Monday (in which case I'm definitely selling some and looking to buy back in later in the week at a lower price), but the only thing which would ensure a severe short burn would be a strong positive announcement. That would be spectacular but it's unlikely.

If we're being honest, widespread Friday FOMO is typically followed by a Monday retrace, and AGY is hardly kicking any company-specific goals at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.003(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $57.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.4¢ 3.9¢ $182.0K 4.401M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1173122 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 83124 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.51am 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.