AGY 8.00% 13.5¢ argosy minerals limited

AGY Shorts, page-729

1. 4,500 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6945
    @Jezzaaa
    Hey mate you can read all about the Loaned / Borrowed stock here Securities lending disclosure (asx.com.au) but I don't expect you will make any more sense about it than the rest of us. wink.png
    I have hidden the showing the borrowed / loaned because the last time I posted that sheet showing the whole columns the post was modded for copyright reasons.

With regards to the total shorts, that number will change after the new ASIC open positions are revealed. These as we know are 4 days lagging so this number may change when I update the data as it becomes available each day.
    The total shorts number are not hidden or from the ASX at all but are what look to be unreported shorts to the ASX & only become apparent after the 4 day reporting lag to ASIC and if that number is greater than the number reported to the ASX.

How I calculate that is by looking at what is reported to the ASX (The ASX reported shorts next day) & comparing that number to the new open positions which are reported to ASIC 4 days lagging.
    If for instance ASIC shows there are 1,000,000 new positions & the ASX says there was 500,000 shorts on the day then there is clearly some non reporting going on. That then affects how I calculate the net buy / sell volume.
    The net sell volume is the difference between the buy vol & sell vol. If there were no shorts for the day then the net vol would often have been a net buy day so the shorts are being used to hold or force the sp down.
    @88crazyhorse
    I am not so sure about it being over due to the very large amount of new Loaned / Borrowed shares on the 14 Nov. Why would they borrow such a large amount more if they did not intend to use them?
    In the early days of recording this data I noticed that there appeared to be a delay in the reporting of the Loaned Borrowed reports by a few days so I color coded the days to reflect the closes match to the days trading activity and what that looked like on the candle, the charts & the net volumes etc.

I realise that not all borrowed shares would be used for shorting but it is pretty obvious that the bulk of them are & have been as can be seen by looking at the open positions which up until very recently (the 1 Nov in fact) was about 10% difference between the borrowed stock & the open positions. What has changed in the last two weeks that this has suddenly jumped?
    I dont show everything on the data sheet but there is a lot of interesting things to look at in these types of study that is useful when comparing & analysing charts & candles etc.
    AGY is under sustained attack for a reason & I dont think it is anything to do with any perceived bad fundamentals.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5742/5742394-a22df0e23b96876bd8fcfbd88650e0fa.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.010(8.00%)
Mkt cap ! $189.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.5¢ 12.8¢ $98.65K 757.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 59685 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 865412 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
13.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 5.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.0¢ 13.5¢ 12.8¢ 447137
Last updated 15.58pm 21/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.