The media is pointing to the high flying owners partying ways as...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    The media is pointing to the high flying owners partying ways as a main reason Air Australia folded.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/egos-come-crashing-down-after-high-life/story-e6frfq7r-1226274402506

Which reminds me....I was culling photos from albums to scan them on to disk last week & came across one from 1988 when I was out on a yacht on Sydney Harbour for the Bicentennial Tall Ships. Now, that was a memorable day with thousands of people in & around the harbour which was so packed with boats you could barely move a boat anywhere so you had to virtually anchor & stay put where you were.

So...here we were, packed like sardines between a huge tall ship & a new 5 star massive mega cruiser which was all painted up in the ANSETT logo & colours & had all the ANSETT big names on it. This ship was not just hired for the day for an Ansett executives party but was built & owned by the company as it had 2 tail structures from an Ansett Aircraft moulded on each side of the bridge sitting up like wings on a Viking helmet! We saw this cruiser out on the harbour many weekends full of people & it was moored over at the new Darling Harbour Marina area.

Mega money spent there & all probably a tax deduction for entertainment expenses! Someone forgot to stop spending like there was no tomorrow as 13 years later Ansett was in liquidation with a lot of money pumped into it by other investors just to keep it afloat in the meantime. Wonder if this ship was on the receivers items list to sell off?

As this it is the Politics forum the only thing I can say which is relevant to that topic is 'I'm sure there were Politicians on board that ship!'

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.