Does anyone here AirBnb their home full time?  We are looking at...

1. 1,917 Posts.

Does anyone here AirBnb their home full time?  We are looking at moving to the Sunshine coast from Melbourne for at least 1 year and instead of paying $7,000+ for a removalist to cart our furniture 1 way, we are thinking of paying an agent to Airbnb our place out.

A normal lease would see us getting around $475/w (minus agent fees) however this company has told us short term leases will net a fair amount more. I'm slightly sceptical however upon looking on the airbnb site i can see a few houses charging $150/day and booked out a few months in advance.

The big positive i see is that the house is cleaned at least once a week and inspections are done very regularly which means i can keep on top of maintenance. I can also stay in my own house when i fly back from work once every so often.

There is the obvious risk of quiet times and house parties/damage. Another thing i need to consider is bills. A large 4 bedroom house can chew through the gas in winter if people know they aren't paying the bills.

Thoughts?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.