Air Bnb

1. 1,917 Posts.

Does anyone here AirBnb their home full time?  We are looking at moving to the Sunshine coast from Melbourne for at least 1 year and instead of paying $7,000+ for a removalist to cart our furniture 1 way, we are thinking of paying an agent to Airbnb our place out.

A normal lease would see us getting around $475/w (minus agent fees) however this company has told us short term leases will net a fair amount more. I'm slightly sceptical however upon looking on the airbnb site i can see a few houses charging $150/day and booked out a few months in advance.

The big positive i see is that the house is cleaned at least once a week and inspections are done very regularly which means i can keep on top of maintenance. I can also stay in my own house when i fly back from work once every so often.

There is the obvious risk of quiet times and house parties/damage. Another thing i need to consider is bills. A large 4 bedroom house can chew through the gas in winter if people know they aren't paying the bills.

Thoughts?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.