Depends on how you define fair. Personally I will be worse off...

1. 399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    Mate you literally wrote "that is not errr fair"

Depends on how you define fair. Personally I will be worse off under these cuts, while people who have already received multiple tax offsets and had the 37c brack lifted from 90 to 120k get looked after again.

Also, Albanese says all the LNP do is whine and say no (which is 100% true), but he is no better, he cannot help but take pot shots again and again. When asked whether they would review the new tax brackets or bracket creep since they were bragging about super fast wage growth,his response was "LNP did nothing about it for a decade", which is untrue. They proposed the tax overhaul he is now adjusting, Stage 1 and 2 were years ago. yet he says with a straight face they did nothing. Breaking promises is one thing when most of society benefit from it (hence it wont be unpopular), but it really erodes trust. Why should I belive my power bill will be coming down by $275 now? "times have changed since my election promise so your power bill will actually double" wont be as easy to swallow.

If you want to get philsophical on fairness, IMO treating everyone the same if the only way to be fair. I can see why the govenrmnet doesn't, as its easy to pit the masses against the high-income earners and paint them all as mega-rich moguls like twiggy. But tell me again why someone on 170k is getting taked at a higher rate than someone on 85k? The person on 85k gets more from the government in terms of CCS etc. Paying a nominal % about a tax free minimum wage is what i would consider fair.

Now you say the announcemtn looks FAIR to you... (Why) do you think it is? What do you define as fair?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.