VBA 0.00% 35.5¢ virgin blue holdings limited

I find it very amusing to hear the words "Industry leader" and...

1. 423 Posts.
    I find it very amusing to hear the words "Industry leader" and "Qantas" mentioned in the same sentence! Thanks for the entertainment.

QF is a crap airline, always has been, always will be. Why Aussies insist on propping up the ex-government dinosaurs (Telstra, Qantas, CBA, etc) is beyond me. In most countries, as soon as competition enters the market, the old dinosaurs die or are radically transformed. In Australia - they just keep on truckin' with consumers, in total ignorance, continuing to spout the lies they've been fed over the years about "we're getting the best possible service".

Yeah, right.

Anyway, comparing VBA and QF. Here are some points to consider in favour of VBA, and why VBA will not necessarily suffer to the same degree as QAN:

VBA can actually fly their planes without "incidents"

VBA can even drive their planes on the ground without "incidents"

VBA's planes are brand, spanking new, whereas QF planes look like they've been used for troop transport in several foreign wars

Related to this - QAN has an urgent need to dramatically overhaul it's fleet, with consequent debt raising

Business travel may be suffering, but not leisure travel.

Just think of all those people who will NOT take an international QF flight, and who will take a domestic holiday instead - probably half of them on VBA.

QAN is dependent on business travel, on a very few routes really for it's profitability. Not only is demand on those routes reducing, they are also opening to competition.

Don't even get me started on QF cabin crew.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.