DCC 4.17% 4.6¢ digitalx limited

This explains it better than I can:...

1. 35 Posts.
    This explains it better than I can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala - especially the 'how it works' section and the diagram. The Airpocket product is exactly the same model as this - each airpocket "agent" performs the same role as a hawala broker. The difference is that hawala works because brokers are trusted in their family/community. Here the trust can come from the fact that the transactions are recorded on a blockchain, so is verifiable by any party. That's why I think this has enormous potential, as the model will also be implicitly understood by millions who are familiar with the hawala model.

A blockchain-based solution like airpocket differentiates itself from Paypal as paypal is a single, centralised company that you effectively have to deal with because your counterparty uses them and because they were the first to get biggest (i.e. network effect - same way Facebook is the most valuable because your friends are on there and they have the most critical mass). DCC doesn't have to set up a network in the same way uber/airbnb don't have their own network. They just put you in touch with somebody. So, a product like airpocket allows agents to start their own remittance business and to compete with their own service using the airpocket platform. Just like I can list my apartment on Airbnb (and compete with Hilton Hotels for your $) or give you a lift home via Uber (and compete with State-licensed taxis).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
-0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $39.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.8¢ 4.6¢ $15.4K 328.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 481364 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 203755 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.