QAN 0.16% $6.10 qantas airways limited

OK soothsayers , ill go the opposite , i fly very regularly and...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    OK soothsayers , ill go the opposite , i fly very regularly and cannot praise qantas more highly for safety , service and value .

And a lot of people would agree with you. Its not lack of bums on seats that is the problem.

QAN is sitting on a pile of cash , might be a game being played for MBO? Sum of the parts is way more than the whole.

Yes, I think that is why big shareholders are sitting tight, even on big losses. Speculation of some sort of buy-out, or sale of bits of the company, is what is keeping its price up in the face of mounting losses.

But observing what has just happened to Toyota and its blocked attempt to liase with unions, - makes me think that any big change will be met with howls of protest. As with any company making big losses, something has to give eventually, or the whole ship goes down, a la Ansett.

There are a lot of big egos on the Qantas board, who are used to their cushy 'jobs', and they would rather that the problems just go away. If they ignore them for long enough, they will, along with a lot of jobs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $9.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.05 $6.10 $6.03 $21.82M 3.586M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25774 $6.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 90601 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.