AJL 12.5% 0.9¢ aj lucas group limited

ajl - chart, page-5

1. 927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    Heres some background that may be affecting your charts of late. I like AJL but my concern is that past successes may have lead to overconfidence on risky plays.

The problem atm is the Monument Prospect in Trinity County, East Texas. The County is not a big production area, nor is it considered a peripheral area for a Haynesville play. For its 10% NRI, AJL has paid $64.2m to 30/6/09 and another $25.1m to 30/9/09.

Apparent inactivity and lack of disclosure on this has stopped me re-entering this time. No doubt others have been pondering the same. AJL accepts timelines havent been met, no drilling has been done and the company is now actively managing its investment. My guess is that the uncertainty in valuation was the problem causing a trigger event on the Redeemable Preference Shares.

This was to have been a quick in and out, with a residual interest kept. There aren't any recent approvals for deep drilling or horizontal wells in Trinity, so I can't see any progress. Imo things wont stabilise until the position becomes clearer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $12.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $12.33K 1.429M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2645110 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 272056 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.26pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.