1MC 20.0% 0.3¢ morella corporation limited

AJM Chart, page-6988

1. 9,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17703
    PLS resource contains spodumene and tantulum - two separate minerals in the ore. The tantulum is not in the spodumene.

If you go back to the AJM Ann dated 28 May 2018 (page 28) AJM states it has low values of tantulum (i.e. non recoverable so tantulum is there but not in commercial quantities), which shows in itself differences in pegmatite structures for the two.

At the HMS/DMS stage PLS use magentic sepration, I think, based on the difference in specific gravity to divide the product into DMS spodumene (coarse) and tantulum. The tantulum goes through a filtration system to produce separate tantulum concentrate. These are separate processes at that stage so in relation to the process flow sheet, since you recover the coarse spodumene before the tantulum is I suspect there would be limited differnces to that point in theory, before tantulum recovery. And the process flowsheet after HMS/DMS, meaning the floatation stage, should also be relatively similar in theory as well, but happy to be corrected. The 6% grade spodumene produced at the DMS stage is your 'coarse'.

Tantulum is not produced in the floatation stage - the floatation stage is after DMS, where ball milling takes place and then floatation to produce 6% grade spodumene - your 'fines' spodumene concentrate.

The September 2016 PLS DFS has a nice graphic of the process. The DMS stage and floatation components relating to spodumene would not be overly different IMO bewteen the two - the add in for PLS relate to tantulum recovery at the DMS stage which are seperate in any event IMO.

As on ipad, can't copy the graphics so providing the reference Anns for those who may like to have a look at them.

Happy to be corrected, but that is how I have conceptualised the two process flowsheets.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.