AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Not advice as I do not know what I am doing.Thought I would...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Not advice as I do not know what I am doing.

Thought I would share an update on my decision late last year to go to cash in my SMSF. It was because I was worried about a correction like 2007 happening again.

- I am now at 90% cash, 10% shares
    - Ended up selling 90% of the AKE shares at $10 each.
    - Very happy with the price. It is by far the best profit the SMSF has had and has invested in a good thing.
    - Happy to sit in cash for a couple of years. Prefer to miss gains than get a loss.

- I remain concerned about another 2007-like fall which has nothing to do with Covid or Ukraine (hope it ends soon).
    - The USA has been printing money since 2007. There is more money chasing the goods and services. Their inflation is now 7.5%. They are out of money printing ammunition to help anymore.
    - The USA has dropped interest rates to 0.25%. They are out of interest rate ammunition to help anymore.
    - Recently, the USA have started printing less money and raising rates to try and bring inflation down.
    - I think that that the USA has been interfering with markets for the last 15 years and this pumping up has now ended. Inflation has got away from them and they are very worried that real wages are dropping.
    - I hope I am wrong but I think that a recession is coming.

Apologies for being negative. Just trying to make a contribution as I have learned a lot from you all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.