AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Happy New Year,The following is not advice and I am not...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Happy New Year,

The following is not advice and I am not particularly smart either.

Just need to share a significant decision for my SMSF. It is in my control and I have muddled along for 20 years with 90% Australian shares I liked at any time and 10% cash to take advantage of opportunities.

In 2007, the shares went up a lot which seemed irrational/euphoric/greedy. The ASX200 reached 6800. I understood this was not sustainable and intended to do something but did nothing. The shares went down and on paper lost $1 in $3. I was disappointed in myself at the time and it took the ASX200 a long time to get back to 6800.

In the last 6 months, I have had a nagging feeling that shares will have another significant drop. This time does not feel euphoric, it feels desperate.
    So, recently, I have sold 90% of each company. AKE is the last one. I sold 50% a few months ago and intend to sell 40% when it reaches $12.

I am 56, so more conservative as I approach retirement. My plan is to sit in cash and watch. If there is a correction, I will jump back in. If not, I will miss out.

Even though I rarely post, I do read most of them and love the learning and your intelligence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.