AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

It is interesting, isn't it? My expectation was that this would...

1. 957 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3205
    It is interesting, isn't it? My expectation was that this would play out for about two weeks, that is, by the end of this week.

If things don't start turning around by the middle of next week, it will be interesting.

I am wondering if this has much to do with Tesla's slowing down of production to retool for Highland. Tesla did say production will be slightly lower this qtr compared to last due to this. With Tesla holding so much weight on battery consumption, this may be impacting the market. When they start ramping back up, that might be when things start to change. I think the biggest problem at the moment is too many startups are shipping or planning to ship DSO.

One thing that we learned in the last blimp is the price that all the lepidolite and DSO etc becomes uneconomic and needs to shut down, resulting in tightness. That floor is not much lower from here and still results in mighty comfortable profit margins for us. So even if we hit those floors again, we will be good. We just need to remind ourselves that the price drop is on tiny volume. No big volume is being sold at current prices.

It is just the cycle. It will play out and then we head higher. It is what it is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.