AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

AKE Chart, page-71

1. 3,478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3636
    Except that magically it seems to obey our TA rules at least 80% of the time. Note how the bottom of the TA calculated channel just held, even though there was no visible support in the queues at that point. The selling bots just stopped selling and the buying bots took over. Also it hit the first predicted price of 904 then formed a flag, but didn't go on to the next point (yet) as it was the third flag in the sequence and failed, as the TA says it can. The second time it breached the flag 50% rule it did in fact become inverted and tracked down two flags before putting in a (weak) reversal pattern at the bottom of the channel and holding at the predicted channel bottom of 884. A week or so ago, just before the major reversal, I said to everyone here that the patterns were not tracking as they should for a continued rise, a few days later the SP retraced majorly. When we finally were able to map what was happening we got the reversal retrace target right using multiple TA methods. The TA works, we just don't have it perfect yet, and it is always subject to FA events. TA is essentially working with probabilities. At the moment, with low volume the range of FA influences that can effect those probabilities is much greater than if volumes were larger as it cost less to move SP than otherwise. Once the movements are in play TA helps predict where those movements are likely to go because pressure in the opposite direction will eventually materialise, and TA then helps assess the strength of those counter pressures versus the strength of the momentum to continue the pressure.

At the end of the day, real financial performance helps long termers, not hyping the stock in the short term. So for traders like me hyping with lots of announcements helps me make money in the short term, but doesn't really do long termers any favours as the hype has to eventually be backed by real performance, and hype not backed by financial results will eventually lead to a major price crash - often with little to predict it. I think it is better to understate and over deliver, even if it does mean that traders like me don't make as much day to day as it also reduces the background risk, and helps TA be more reliable. I think, the best sustained trader environment is a SP with highly regular repeating predictable patterns extended over the long term - which AKE largely has.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.