AKO 6.67% 16.0¢ akora resources limited

Just generally, on the risk of delays to permit renewal, I...

1. 298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    Just generally, on the risk of delays to permit renewal, I presume you have seen the following conclusion from the solicitor's tenement report in Akora's prospectus?:

"All of the Relevant Companies’ Exploration Permits are currently subject to, and under
    application for, renewal as at the Prospectus Date. According to the Application Decree to
    the Mining Code, the Ministry of Mines should make a decision within 30 business days
    from the date of submission of the renewal request at the BCMM. At the current time, this
    timeframe is not being respected. However, the Solicitors Tenement Report states that
    Malagasy administrative law provides that where a private party has complied with its
    obligations in good faith and the state (in this case the BCMM and Ministry of Mines) is
    found wanting, the private party may rely on its existing rights
    and there is an assumption
    that these will continue to subsist in the absence of justified refusal."

You seem quite agitated by an issue that Akora's legal advisor - John W Ffooks - considered in its engagement. Nonetheless, JWF concluded Akora's tenements are in good standing. You can see JWF's credentials below, they are clearly somewhat experienced in Malagasy law.

Of course there is sovereign risk, but AKO's at $13m market cap, not $130m.... barely above shell value, so I would argue that its almost all been priced in. Perfect for a potentially highly lucrative risk/reward play from here. Finish off Bekisopa drilling and prove up Satrokala, and AKO could reasonably have over a billion tonnes of iron ore in the ground.

"John W Ffooks & Co is the only international law firm in Francophone Africa offering combined Napoleonic and English law expertise, making us the obvious choice as your local counsel for transactions in French speaking, sub-Saharan Africa. Our international and multilingual legal team, comprised of 5 partners and 28 lawyers across 17 countries in Africa, allows us to provide on-the-ground local law advice that other firms are unable to match."

jwflegal.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.010(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $16.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.0¢ 16.0¢ $7.174K 44.83K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 5164 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.13pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AKO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.