AKO 6.67% 14.0¢ akora resources limited

Paul has generally been pretty good in replying, but I guess the...

1. 2,467 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1673
    Paul has generally been pretty good in replying, but I guess the last few weeks / months would have been full on with the raise, travel and planning for the next phase.

Give him a nudge, and I'm sure he'll respond.

I love the idea of a regular shareholder forum with management. I've got no mining experience, but I'd love to be involved just to learn, all questions and be across more aspects of the business.

I also agree that the difference sums for tactical and strategic solutions are huge.

Thinking about that @amlamlaml said, AKO could afford to hire large numbers of people - given how low wages are in the country, especially in the early days, but there are a lot of challenges that.

One of the biggest things is with the new mining code coming into effect, there'll likely be a lot more projects coming online, and between Base and Akora, there will only be so many people who will be suitable for this type of work (literacy, numeracy, leadership skills, ability to drive it work with heavy machinery etc etc)

Of course people can be trained, but this takes time and money, and then you you have situations where key staff get poached by competitors, and then wages blow out, or operations are impacted, or any number of outcomes.

I agree there's likely a labour intensive starter, but a worse outcome than replacing people with equipment would be people getting injured, or worse, and the operation getting shut down due to safety concerns stemming from inexperienced staff.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.010(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $16.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.0¢ 14.0¢ $32.50K 219.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12750 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 38946 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.20am 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AKO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.