FML 3.45% 15.0¢ focus minerals ltd

alacer and fml?? australian newspaper, page-32

1. 1,258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 650
    Hi bazza, thanks for your thoughtful post.

Although I agree with much of what you say, I lean towards the view that this is possibly as good a time as we are likely to see for making acquisitions at bargain prices.

If FML delay on going after their targets-of-choice, another company might beat them to it. And if the gold price takes off, which is possible but by no means certain, they might have to pay a much higher price for acquisitions.

As you rightly point out, we're in uncharted waters as far as the gold price and currency relativities are concerned, but provided that FML make a thorough in-depth analysis of their target acquisitions, and drive a hard bargain, I think they can put their cash to good use over the next few months (or maybe over the next few days or weeks?).

And thanks too to bobminer for your input. Although costs have been a major problem for FML, and a problem for most miners and explorers in varying degrees, the cost pressures are already well off the boil, and competition among providers of goods and services to the mining industry will only intensify over coming mnonths, as demand continues to dwindle. That fact combined with management efforts to reduce costs should see a significant improvement in cost structures in the near term.

Cheers,
    Mike

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $42.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 15.0¢ $7.169K 47.79K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 72753 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 14055 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.