ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

alan fanton and lngn, page-40

1. 37,324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Geez DB , you're starting to sound like you're in real estate.

" What amount of money do you think ". Sounds like " make me an offer ".

But seriously , it's not just the profit they would make from their interest in ESG.

From the STO website:

Santos has interests in nine Petroleum Exploration Licenses (PELs) in the Gunnedah Basin, and operates six. In 2008, the company began an 18-month exploration program for coal seam gas (CSG). In 2010, a second phase of exploration and appraisal began, and will involve drilling of additional core holes and operation of pilot wells for testing purposes.

Before coal seam gas could be commercially extracted in the Gunnedah Basin area, several more years of testing, analysis and planning would be required. At the moment, Santos only has NSW Government approval to explore for coal seam gas. No approval has been sought for commercial extraction of gas.

" Several more years of testing required " .

" No approval has been sought for commercial extraction of gas ".

So I would suggest that STO's involvement in ESG is pivotal to their position in the Gunnedah considering what ESG is doing right now . Unless of course they chose to get out of the basin altogether ? What do you reckon the chances of that happening are ?

Maybe they might because they think there's no market ?

Also from their website :

" CSG can be used for a range of domestic and industrial purposes. NSW has very limited gas production and demand for gas in NSW is strong ".

Somehow , I don't think STO is a seller . Of course everything's for sale at the right price but I don't think anyone has enough for Santos's share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.