alan jones just doesn't get it!

1. 47,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    "An apology tempered by anger"
    Alan Jones The Daily Telegraph October 01, 201212:00AM

After reading other threads on this matter and in deference to those who have argued the case for Alan Jones I decided to that report [URL below].

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/an-apology-tempered-by-anger/story-fndo1uez-1226484901731

As an exercise in the use of the English language it must surely rate as a feeble, transparently hollow example of an apology. Trying to justify the unjustifiable and all the while asserting that in reality the basis for it is sound.

It left me wondering whether Jones was trying to tell us that he is an angry little man so lacking in social skills that he thinks it's OK to publicly denigrate our PM and trash community standards in this manner.

I also wondered whether Jones was trying to tell us that he is just a community-minded mouthpiece for all the anger against Julia Gillard that is out there in voter land [some of which he has created of course]. Thereby making such outrageous outbursts his legitimate leadership role in society?

In the end I concluded he is squirming in a disgusting gutter for relevance and credibility!

Full marks to Malcolm Turnbull for promptly setting the benchmark demanded for public decency and leadership of the Liberal Party should it be returned to him.

Good also to hear Tony Abbott's words in Parliament acknowledging the PM's loss; but what a failure of the leadership test with his later words to the effect; "Alan was out of line!".

Well Mr Abbott, some of us think it was a fair bit more than that and perhaps it's time you tempered the outbursts of people with whom you are on a first name basis.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.