Short one liners by posters (dare I suggest mostly men) seeking...

1. 85 Posts.
    Short one liners by posters (dare I suggest mostly men) seeking of 15 seconds of fame on the Alan Jones shame game are fine examples of why we lack mature and rational debate on main stream and social media sites in this country. Like many, I suspect, I am relying on media reports as to Mr Jones's speech content, and take it as read at the moment. As with anyone with little to offer, shock jocks, or any other term they wish to adopt, generally pander to the lower common denominator end of society. I use that term with respect, not judgement. If I may paraphrase comments by Jerry Lewis, " You only need vulgar language and personal insults to attract attention if you are bereft of anything substantial to offer". A difference of opinion on political issues is a natural human trait (natural human being an oxy moron) but to rely on comments regarding the death of a parent for political point scoring lowers standards to a new level. Malcolm Turnbull, to his credit, has responded appropriately in my opinion.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.