I am not sticking up for the PM but - let us accept the...

1. 7,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I am not sticking up for the PM but - let us accept the following facts.
    [1] In the 2013(despite landslide in H o Reps) - 2016 - 2019 Fed elections - at no time did we the voters - give the Coalition Govt near control of the Senate. So Abbott - Turnbull - Morrison have always headed lame duck Govts.
    [2] In Feb 2013 a group of LibNat MP's were developing a water report/plan - and it was leaked (excuse pun). That was said to have a list of 100 potential dam sites that were being workshopped. I have hardly heard of it since then.
    [3] Unfortunately from the time the Abbott Govt was elected - until about a year ago I do not recall "the need to build dams" ever making front page news. And we the voters presumably did not nag our elected reps about the issue. Nobody was making news with - "the next drought is around the corner".
    [4] Just in last few days when the PM and NSW Water Minister have been on the news re enlarging 2 dams in NSW - antidamists have raised their voices showing that it will be a battle to get any dam built.
    [5] Some opinion. IMHO Fed & State public services & water related Depts would be riddled with the GreenLeft - rife with antidamists.
    [6] I think the last dam of any size built was the enlarged Cotter completed in 2012 for the Canberra water supply.
    [7] Re Alan Jones and call in people giving the PM a hard time. Where were they all over the 6 years 2013 to 2018 in terms of nagging their politicians to build dams?

Correct me if I am wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.