QAN 1.30% $6.09 qantas airways limited

What I see here, is in my opinion, one of the worst individual...

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    What I see here, is in my opinion, one of the worst individual management decisions I've seen. Irrespective of whether Joyce "deserves" a pay rise, for him to accept one at this time is ludicrous, it's inflammatory and gives the impression of real arrogance!

Arguing that Joyce's pay increase is only performance based bonuses does not cut it...it is an offer of more money to him when he is arguing there's little more for his employees. I am no leadership expert but I do know that "lead by example" goes a long way to getting buy-in from those you are leading.

The fact that 96% of shareholders agreed to his salary increase means nothing in this dispute...as I said he may "deserve" it technically, but as a leader he has failed himself, the company and his employees by accepting it!

I'm not a shareholder but I watched the AGM online and I kept sitting there thinking to myself...Alan, stand up and announce you are going to reject the new pay offer. If he had done this, so much steam would be taken out of the argument!!

Just my thoughts

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
-0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.19 $6.19 $6.09 $27.74M 4.524M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 85805 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.11 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.