QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

alan joyce on sunrise this morning, page-7

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Bossdog,

Don't get me totally wrong. I actually agree with you that the unions are also guilty of spin, my post was really just addressing the points you mentioned. There is certainly blame on both sides.

What I do believe though (and I have said it before on HC) is that it is time for the management to use some of those highly paid management skills and get this issue resolved. Joyce said today at the AGM that forward bookings have taken a dive - or words to that effect, (I also posted on this issue recently)and this greatly concerns me as a shareholder. The bottom of the company seems to be falling out and the brand is suffering big time. All those years of hard toil by both management workers to build such an icon seem to be going straight down the drain. Nobody wants to see that.

Also mentioned in today's news is that the strikes have cost QAN 70 odd million dollars. Not sure how accurate that figure is but it is clearly costing the company a bomb. If resolution with the unions had of been negotiated by now we would not be seeing these costs incurred. The Pilot's Association has been trying to negotiate an EBA now for almost 2 years! Time for some resolution Mr. Joyce, how long does it take?

Surfrat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.