Really it isn't so much as what is taught, although a balanced...

1. 10,404 Posts.
    Really it isn't so much as what is taught, although a balanced scientific argument would be the professional way to teach, but making children aware that science is a profession much needed in our society.

Ten years ago I was aghast when a university lecturer in chemistry I met said that at her university most science subjects had ~5-10 active participants out of a student population of 5,000.

Science can argue academically the challenge of GHGE and the rest just hope we'll be led in the right direction.

I for one read as much as I can about our atmosphere and am convinced that our political leaders aren't taking this problem seriously enough.

There has been recent posts in the Economics forum that may be of interest to those who take GHGE seriously.

Public opinion will be the catalyst for political intervention and not the classroom. That said, science teachers generally take a balanced view. They are privy to technical journals and scientific community thought.

Get our children's participation in University science up by 300%. The arguments will take care of themselves.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.