"I worry, that release of test kits, mirrors new cases found" -...

1. 2,355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    "I worry, that release of test kits, mirrors new cases found"

- This makes sense BGB, even if the coincidence of it might feel a bit off. We are short of tests, or we have been. This has been ramped up massively as a priority, and we do seem to now have a very high testing rate. Our confirmed cases are rising as well, but the rising levels of infection from the spread of covid-19 and the increasing supply of testing kits (overlayed with several incremental increases in the level of lockdown, etc) is pretty comfortably a very loosely related coincidence.

"Old sick people are dying at a constant rate."

- It depends what your mean. I would expect that old people (say 70+) are dying in the same proportions that they were last week. That is we have had more old people die this week, but more old people have covid-19. I can't say if the mortality rate is linear, but it feels like it is at least trending that way.

"Test kits are being put out at an exponential rate."

- Testing is a major weapon to use in the fight to slow down the spread of Covid-19, as I understand it. Cutting great swathes through the at-risk population (which includes anybody who has been within coowee of a confirmed case I expect, as well as anybody who presents with possible symptoms) with a bombardment of testing is apparently the best weapon available in achieving the desired outcome with the absolute minimum of necessary economic hardship.

"My question is the pinnacle. Without knowing that, no one knows schite."

- The only people who are suggesting they know schite at the moment are the shock jocks, who need a definitive position in order to be able to attack another. I haven't heard any leader (state/federal/etc), or anyone I consider to be a bona fide expert state that they know what the pinnacle (or peak) of this crisis is going to be. You're not alone in asking that question, BGB, everyone is asking it. The only thing we can try to do is make sure that our peak/pinnacle doesn't breach the capacity of our health system to accommodate. As long as this doesn't happen, we will be in as good a position as any country in the World.

"We have a covid dashboard. Where is the flu dashboard?"

- As I mentioned before, we have treatments for flu, but there is no vaccine yet for covid-19, nor a treatment. It takes like two weeks for someone to die from it, and it is far more fatal the influenza is. Flu used to be bad (google 1918), but not nearly so bad now. The 'flu dashboard' would be better placed beneath something like the 'child death by starvation dashboard' than a novel, fast-acting virus like Corona.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.