WRM 0.00% 6.3¢ white rock minerals limited

Alaska Zinc

1. 933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    It is unfortunate the WRM is unloved at present but I can't see the SP falling from here. As mentioned previously I have experience in Alaska. I have accumulated geophysics maps of the area and from my findings there are some significant targets - the majority of which have been identified my WRM. I specifically like the targets in the northeast of their tenure (Sheep Rogers, Glacier East and West) as this is where I am hoping they will score higher grades. The great thing here, compare with other Zinc resources in Alaska is that they have gold. When I get a change I will post up maps and other info I have which follows up my findings.

In Alaska there is no requirement for exploration companies to report their exploration findings to the State of Alaska or the Federal Government (Bureau Land Management). Therefore trying to locate historical exploration results is extremely hard and if you do, and you're a reporting entity, then any exploration results found are generally non-JORC compliant and the entity cannot disclose results to the market. Notwithstanding environmental and other things, the State of Alaska only cares about receiving rents, mineral production royalties and lodgement of affidavits to support how much money was spent of the ground (meeting expenditure requirements).

Here's a small summary of Zinc resources in Alaska - .

Alaska Mineral Industry 2016

http://dggs.alaska.gov/pubs/id/29748

Towards the end of the report, lists reported mineral resources in Alaksa - note this this is not an exhaustive extract and as such doesn't include the WRM's JORC resources in this list - perhaps management should make contact to have this updated in the next 2017 release (Alaska Mineral Industry 2017).

Listed in the report:

ANARRAAQ‐AKTIGIRUQ — Massive sulfide — Base metals (lead, zinc, silver)
    ARCTIC — Massive sulfide — Polymetallic (copper, lead, zinc, gold, silver)
    DELTA — Massive sulfide — Polymetallic (copper, lead, zinc, gold, silver)
    GREENS CREEK — Massive sulfide — Polymetallic (lead, zinc, gold, silver)
    LIK — Massive sulfide — Base metals (lead, zinc, silver)
    NIBLACK — Massive sulfide — Polymetallic (copper, zinc, gold, silver)
    PALMER — Massive sulfide — Polymetallic (copper, zinc, gold, silver)
    RED DOG — Massive sulfide — Base metals (lead, zinc, silver)
    SUN — Massive sulfide — Polymetallic (copper, lead, zinc, gold, silver)

Note:
    Arctic deposit is of world class significance; South32 (BHP spin-off) are a major shareholder!

Greens Creek is producing.
    http://www.hecla-mining.com/greens-creek/

and a few more are nearing production.

Specifically, here is the Red Dog operating mine in Alaska - note this is the largest Zinc mine in the world!

Red Dog Zinc Mine - Arctic Circle, Alaska (OPERATING MINE)

https://www.teck.com/operations/united-states/operations/red-dog/

The Alaska Mineral Industry 2016 reports the resources at Red Dog as follows:

Aqqaluk, Qanaiyaq - Probable 62,400,000 t @ 4.1% Pb (5.117 B lb Pb); 14.6% Zn (18.22 B lb Zn); 2.15 oz/t Ag (134.47 Moz Ag)
    Aqqaluk, Qanaiyaq - Inferred 220,000 t @ 3.8% Pb (17 M lb Pb); 11.5% Zn (51 M Lb Zn); 2.23 oz/t Ag (490,000 oz Ag)

2016/2017 NI 43-101 Technical Report

http://www.miningdataonline.com/reports/Red Dog Mine_TR12312016.pdf

Section 15.2 specifies the Mineral Reserve Statement. This appears to be only the Mill Feed grades and resources?

Aqqaluk – Mill Feed - 43,410,000 t @ 13.4% Zn; 3.7% Pb; 66 g/t Ag
    Qanaiyaq – Mill Feed - 7,480,000 t @ 24.7% Zn; 6.9% Pb; 138 g/t Ag

Production as reported on the website:

2016 (USD$)
    Production: 583,000 t
    Revenue: $1.44 B
    Gross Profits: $668 M

2017 (USD$)
    Production: 542,000 t
    Revenue: $1.75 B
    Gross Profits: $874 M

WRM just needs to find a source of higher grade zinc, and I believe they have the targets to do it. Let's hope this stock becomes loved soon enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.