OEL 8.33% 1.3¢ otto energy limited

Hi Old Geo and others, thanks for sharing. After digesting the...

1. 261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    Hi Old Geo and others,
    thanks for sharing.
    After digesting the additional information that has become available here, and previous information that I have read surrounding Otto's western delta prospect, I am reasonably assured that IF oil is found here it will be in large Quantities.
    The prospect area is around 22000 acres with 3 target levels and from what i've found in my research, the oil seems to flow in a north east direction towards Prudoe Bay ect. from the Brookian .
    Our prospect looks to me ( as noted by the reports) like a copy of Horseshoe 1 and 1A, except our prospect is in the larger, Dark Green Delta edge, and on the western side of the Itkillik river.
    The Itkillik river , sub surface geology, may have contributed to a geological trap to the western side of the river and perhaps was the reason Itkillik 1 well only had minor sand and minor oil shows when it was drilled east of the Itikillik river in 1978?

IF, our Dark Green Delta edge prospect, is also similar to the meltwater oil field , located down slope to the northeast, then this could be what we are looking at underground,

"Meltwater is the stratigraphic equivalent to the Tarn oil pool to the north, and both share similar lithology. The Bermuda consists of channel fill and lobate sandstones deposed in a turbidite fan system located on a slope-apron environment below an incised, Cenomanian-age shelf. Reservoir sandstones at Meltwater are fine to very fine-grained, lithic-rich, have common mudstone laminations and interbeds, and average about 20% porosity and 12 millidarcies air permeability. Clay content of the sandstone ranges from 15 to 25%, but the clay minerals occur dominantly as framework grains rather than as matrix.

The top of the Bermuda reservoir interval dips approximately 2 to 3 degrees to the east-southeast, and complex faulting occurs along the western (up-dip) margin of the pool. Hydrocarbon distribution is controlled by the distribution of reservoir sands. Bermuda reservoirs are compartmentalized due to discontinuous sandstone distribution. Shale-filled channel complexes, stratigraphic pinch-outs and structural barriers all act as lateral boundaries within the pool. Bermuda crude oil gravity is 37° API. No gas cap or oil-water contacts have been encountered within the pool. The reservoir temperature is about 135° F at a datum level of -5,400’ true vertical depth subsea."
    The above could be a fairly good description of what our Dark Green Delta edge prospect contains with some variations, and I am looking forward to seeing this drilled early next year.

IMO DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.001(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $62.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $321 26.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7002714 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 12064881 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.