g'day bb1.....I'm fully in favour of free speech but draw the...

1. 42,137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    g'day bb1.....

I'm fully in favour of free speech but draw the line when speech becomes mere abuse or propaganda. yes there does need to be regulation. but this announcement by the E-Safety commissioner is farcical, yet Albanese fully backs it and indeed is pushing the argument.

its futile as while there is difference between Aus and other rotw countries theres no grounds for, as Musk said, one PM to judge what can be shown in every other country. its beyond Aus jurisdiction.

the UN process is heading cats into a box yet this is the necessary pathway for global management of the problem. yet theres no jurisdiction that can apply such regulation so each nation must write legislation, all containing the same language, so as to ensure global coverage. it'll be a process that few UN resolutions have really succeeded in.

but my key criticism is the targeting of twitx and not saying the same to other MSM. hence Albanese has made a complete idiot of himself.

lastly, there are many violent and extreme vids on SM. this particular vid is pretty tame in comparison. why have they chosen such a weak target?

this suggests there is a motive that isn't about the vid or decency but something else. perhaps even a personal vendetta against Musk?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.