What part of this didn't you read?It was at this moment Mr...

1. 11,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    What part of this didn't you read?

It was at this moment Mr Albanese declares: 'Do you want me to speak or not? I am the Prime Minister.'Ms Williams, looking directly at Mr Albanese, replies: 'But I'm not having any attacks towards myself or the organisation.''Speaking or not speaking,' she asks the crowd, who appear to respond overwhelmingly in favour of Mr Albanese speaking.Ms Williams then hands him the microphone and he starts his address.While the incident was initially regarded as a PR disaster for Mr Albanese, the context given by the longer clip led some to take the Prime Minister's side.'I'm no big Albo fan but from this video, to me, it seems really apparent that Albo was there under the expectation he would NOT be speaking,' they wrote.'To me, implies he had been told organisers didn't want him to speak, and then when asked he seemed confused.'Another said: 'Albo is guilty of nothing but a poorly phrased confirmation that the organiser wants him to speak'.Many accused Ms Williams and other organisers of 'handling it badl, turning what should have been a powerful protest into a political spat.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.