If you simpletons can't play by basic conventions how do you...

1. 7,606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    If you simpletons can't play by basic conventions how do you expect to convince anyone? The "data" presented herin is from old mate Don J Easterbrook. Anyone with a passing interest in climate change science should be familiar with the name. To use your expressions he is a full blow Karen, making wild predictions that turn out wrong.... wrong....wrong. When you want to play like a grown up..... let me know

Cooling any minute

Don Easterbrookis a geology professor at Western Washington University who has been making predictions of imminent global cooling for the best part of two decades.

Easterbrook, a regular at climate science denial meetings run by the Heartland Institute, rejects the role of increasing CO2 and thinks that all you need for predicting future climates is to look at natural cycles of the past.

So in 2001Easterbrook thought: “If the cycles continue as in the past, the current warm cycle should end in the next few years, and global warming should abate, rather than increase, in the coming decades.”

So it was any minute now for cooling. In 2006Easterbrook said: “The current warm cycle should end soon and global temperatures should cool.”

In 2008 hewrote that his“predicted cooling seems to have already begun”.

That year healso wrote: “In a nutshell, in 2001 I put my reputation on the line and published my predictions for entering a global cooling cycle about 2007 (plus or minus three to five years), based on past glacial, ice core, and other data ... If the present cooling trend continues, the [United Nations climate change] reports will have been the biggest farce in the history of science.”

Last edited by Sidonicus1: 11/12/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.