@Lt Ripley - I don't deny that he saw himself as a freedom...

1. 17,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    @Lt Ripley - I don't deny that he saw himself as a freedom fighter (so do Hamas) - but nowadays Bosnia is happy to have had the protection of the 'Blue Helmets' against what another ethnic group of those confused Southern Slavs was prepared to do to them; I used to get regular updates from an Austrian soldier, who was posted to Bosnia (as a member of the 'Blue Helmets') and he once told me that the locals were grateful for their protection. He is retired now.
    BTW I have been an Australian for most of my life - still love Austria, Europe, England, have been to Yugoslavia - my mother had a Slavic name - so she was testament to integration of that attempt at a multi-cultural state, (my husband was part-Hungarian) which took such a sad, but necessary end in 1914, because it was 'stuck' in feudalism, a feudalism the French had gotten rid of in 1789. Gavrilo Princip was just a symptom of an ailing society, but larger powers were waiting for an excuse for war. If you get a chance read: "The Sleepwalkers" by English author Christopher Clerk - just a 'different' point of view - of course, "the truth: is out there, but elusive, as always, and its bearers long gone.
    Go well
    Taurisk

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/jul/19/sleepwalkers-christopher-clark-review

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.