John. I am yet to see one press article calling the decision to...

1. 2,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    John. I am yet to see one press article calling the decision to halt the trade in 2028, " a lie" . Why is that ? I can't even see anything about a broken promise. Just some reference to a sky radio clip before the last election. The proposed halt in live export trade is not until 2028. There will be at least 2 elections before then.

I did read a story about a shipment that had to be turned back recently. I also saw a survey that suggested that over 70% of Western Australians want the live trade stopped.

The Kiwis stopped the live trade ages ago, presumably for the right reasons. The excuse that "If they don't get the sheep from us then they’ll get them somewhere else" just does not wash. There are many other exporters, much closer geographically.

So who is lying here ? It sounds like there is widespread support for for stopping live exports of sheep. If this is not the case, we will find out at the ballot box., and no amount of ranting by some of the lying nut jobs in here is going to change that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.