alcohol control in france, page-7

1. 84,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I used to think the Frogs were a white flag brigade and I formed a particular dislike for most things french after the secret service bombing of our neighbours in NZ.

However, I feel different now.

One, I found out that most frogs were totally appalled at what their gov. and including their President had done in NZ.
    It seems their leaders were as arrogant, ignorant and obnoxious as most of ours - and equally liked.

Also, I know a lot more about French history and culture now.

Well, they certainly are not short on bravery.

Early on the Romans hated the Gauls - they were NOT a walkover, by any means. In fact many Romans were poo scared about going into Gaul. They eventually won, but at a price.

Also, I like haunting backroads and the smaller areas of larger conflicts - and I found that French behind the main scenes were not only brave, but passionate and very daring.

Yes, they did things we probably wouldn't at times, but, even that I am not sure of - I wondered about that ------------ I don't know for sure, but I think they might just be more realistic - ie. why die for nothing if for sure there is not much point in fighting.

I often think about that in comparison to Aussies leaving our northern places during bombings --------- hmmmmm,

I think I would have thought - bugger off south and let em have it - catch us if you can. I would have loved to see an enemy struggle across Nth Australia with limited resources - hmmm, charming.

I know this is the humour forum and this isn't a funny subject - but if we cast dispersions - they should probably be looked at from both sides. Painting a situation in the wrong colour doesn't do anyone any good.

Oh, btw, everyone hates Parisians - particularly the French - they have got that one right :)

have a good arvo

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.