alcohol too freely available for young, page-4

1. 11,084 Posts.
    "I don't think making it harder for 18s to get alcohol will do much good. I grew up with a 20 minimum drinking age and it was much easier to get pot than it was alcohol even when I was 19. In my opinion pot is the greater evil."

Just talking to a young bloke, working at Subway, today about this subject and he agreed, too much alcohol available, even 14 year olds getting someone on the street to buy it for them.

Thinking back to when I was young, ... and then in the Army, ... I'm lucky I survived some antics where alcohol was involved, mainly driving when half paraletic, a couple of car accidents and a few actions that I would not have done if sober, (that I would rather forget).

"Freedom of choice? Something being forever lost in good old Australia supported by people like yourself. Vote 1 nanny state."

WE should be able to do whatever we want, .. as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, IMO.

But how often does alcohol use have some negative effect on others ?
    ... from late night, (morning), revellers when normal people are in bed, all this latest problem where the poor drinkers can't get a taxi, bashings, etc and what I have already stated.

..... so if what they say is correct, that alcohol stops brain development of the young, shouldn't that be an important consideration ?

Your example, (john), of your brain being OK after binge drinking is a bit like some that say they've been smoking all their life and it hasn't hurt them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.