I always found shopping at Aldi a somewhat creepy experience,...

1. 404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    I always found shopping at Aldi a somewhat creepy experience, like stepping into an alternate reality of the bizarre. Always found the IGA a nice change from the big 2, but it seemed as they gained alternate popularity so too did the prices gain, so back to the evil woke twins it was, depending on whose customer service was LESS appalling. Haven't shopped in Australia for a few years though, thank god. I love the WET MARKETStongue.png here in South East Asia, sans bats of course, and the little retailers around the wet market main hub supply all the dry stuff. No real need to ever visit a major supermarket chain here if you don't want to. And that's how the people like it. They like to have a choice rather than being funneled into a big 2 or whatever it may be. Going to a major shopping centre is like a special family outing for many, a treat, but the major supermarket chains are often the bastion of 'wealthy foreigns' or local successful people where price isn't really an issue, or maybe just familiarity with the layout and overall shopping experience is worth the extra $ and mental convenience.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.