AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

algae oil in the news

1. 5,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2140
    This isn't directly about AEB, but it's about the algae oil industry and may be of interest to some.

The gist of it is that Exxon put up $300 million to research algae oil, and so far it's not going well, but they plan to push on.

Link here: http://www.technologyreview.com/view/515041/exxon-takes-algae-fuel-back-to-the-drawing-board/

I think algae research projects like this are quite telling. They're willing to put up hundreds of millions of dollars into research on the chance that they might be able to end up with a technology to economically produce algae oil. Hundreds of millions of dollars is scarcely a drop in the ocean to a company like Exxon, which is why they're willing to put so much money into such a long shot. What's interesting is that for much less than $300M they would presumably be able to buy up AEB entirely, including all their IP. Yet, they would rather put many times more money into trying to develop what AEB claims to already have. That says to me that the big money doesn't believe AEB has what it claims to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.