PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Posted that in a bit of a Rush. Just watched the report. A bit...

1. 7 Posts.
    Posted that in a bit of a Rush. Just watched the report. A bit brief for my liking, but informative. I've not seen any discussion similar to this on the forum, so apologies if I'm covering old territory.........

Now, before I give my thoughts/recollections from the report, I'd like to thank all those that provide helpful analysis on PET. Have been reading for quite a time. Kudos to those that put the time in to analyse a stock and then share their thought out of generosity and in the interest of discussion. I won't go through names but....Thanks.

So as the report goes, there appears to be clusters of cases of MND around areas that have water bodies that regularly have blue-green algal blooms. Good news from a social point of view, in that the accelerating rates of MND are being looked at, and it's a good start to identify what may be contributing factors.

An example was used: a town in NSW( ?) I think, has a cluster of four cases. It would appear to be statistically unlikely to be co-incidence. The town is on a lake with problems. There may, however (my thoughts to counter this) be an unrelated cause associated with the town (as in the lake may be associated not causal).

One scientist interview suggested algal blooms a "probable" factor, one "highly likely" a factor, 1 group suggested "no evidence" of it being a factor, and one scientist suggested a causal link (to MND).The hypothesis would be the chemicals created by the BG algal blooms (can't recall which chemical-would be easy to look up) trigger the tendency to suffer from MND.

Anyway, thought this might be useful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.