SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

To be honest guys, although there are some elements of truth to...

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    To be honest guys, although there are some elements of truth to much of what is written in this thread and that analysis of how a "bot" works, there is also a lot that is not quite on the money. Having worked with "bots" (called algo's inside brokers) for over 10 years, there is quite a lot more to it than that, and I've never seen one actually designed like the one mentioned.

There is actually quite a lot less manipulation and conspiracy than is often imagined in these forums. Mostly in Australia algos are simply a way of trying to get a better execution price for clients. And much of what I have seen people post about "Insto" manipulation of price is merely a normal market move. The lack of liquidity in the minor and generally small stocks that are popular with HC readers, mean that Instos generally ignore them. Instos trade in values that would overwhelm the small markets caps of these stocks.

Often a little bit of information can be a very dangerous thing. Don't believe everything you read, much of the paranoia about bots/algos is unjustified.

Just giving an alternate view. But there you go guys, go nuts!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.