Alice cooper, page-9

1. 18,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1013
    The Burringbar Range brings to mind another time I may have had a hand on my shoulder. I was given the job of driving a semi load of cattle from Byron Bay to Murwillumbah. When I was told to do the job I said I didn't have a licence to drive a truck. The manager said he would arrange for me to get one and to go via the police station. The sergeant there said that he saw me drive up so that was a good enough test. I drove it like a car but on the way down the range I found the brakes were not so hot and changing down gears without a synchromesh gear box was more than I could handle. I still don't know how I got to the bottom. I had to do the trip a few more times. I used to get into a low gear and slowly go downhill. By the time I got to the bottom I used to have a mule train of unhappy drivers for company.

These days I do Brisbane to Ballina in 2 hours if I choose the right time of the day. It can still take 4 hours sometimes if the traffic is bad. I have to do a drivers test each year now to keep a car licence. I recently drove from Perth to Ballina so I'm still on the road. Handed in my right to drive the heavy vehicles a few years ago.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.