Alice Springs Problems

1. 40,557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 832
    No doubt members would be aware that A Current Affair did a story on some problems in the Alice last week. I noticed this post on facebook, and thought it should be shared for members info.
    I live in Alice springs and run a business trading 24 hours. What you seen on current is only half of what goes on. House breaks 12 in one night, stolen cars 7 in one night.
    Alice springs has become a microcosm of society throughout Australia where minority groups use the disadvantages to advantage. Our leaders these days are so intent on not offending or disadvantaging anyone they have disarmed the very people who have sworn to uphold the law! The police!
    Did you know that in the Northern Territory if underage you get a verbal and then three written warnings before you can be charged. Then when you get charged you cannot be interviewed unless a lawyer is present, your parents aren’t good enough. The first thing the lawyer says is don’t talk to police! No evidence no charge at that time released on bail to reoffend.
    Our business knows most of these offenders
    As they steal and damage property around here and we cut a lot of footage for the police re- stolen credit cards cars etc.
    This offending is not endemic to Alice Springs and many other towns and cities who are being terrorised by these youths with no respect for the law and no, little or total disregard to the implications of their actions.
    I could name all the different minority groups etc but that’s not important, what’s important is that this wilfull disregard for authority. Do the crime do the time. Our government in the NT are scared to enforce this line. We used to have 3 strikes your out similar to New York..
    I readily accept and fully accept that every case is different but if we accept the first two and have an ability to manipulate the third then the 4th has no exception.
    With juvenile crime we may need to be softer but how do we promote the difference between right and wrong. There have to be implications for their actions but they have to be more immediate, we have to empower our police not disenfranchise. I watched on monday the police herding groups of kids out of the cbd, acting like sheepdogs not law enforcers that they are supposed to be..
    Many times I have been called racist, the most recent time when I was heating up pies at my establishment. They were taking too long so I was called racist because I couldn’t heat them up quick enough. Wtf!!
    My wife and my sons are aboriginal. Their grandmother hid from Daisy Bates, remembered the explosions at Maralinga. My wife’s Aunty was the advisor to John Howard on indigenous women’s rights ITS NOT ABOUT RACE. Please empower the Police to do what they do and make the courts more responsible. They are ultimately the end of the line. Do the crime do the time.
    NO MORE POOR BUGGAR ME
    DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER.... IT IS FOR DISCUSSION
    see ya

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.