ALK 2.73% 53.5¢ alkane resources limited

Although the POG is reported globally in US $, from an Aussie...

1. 1,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2017
    Although the POG is reported globally in US $, from an Aussie miner's perspective, the POG is always converted into A$ when reported in the financial accounts.

The big headline fall last night in US$ reflects the strong US employment report and a reversal of the dovish FED speak only 2 days before. It seems the FED might have a little more work to do interest rate wise than they thought, before landing or crash landing the economy.

I have to keep my longer term view that the global economy will be stronger for longer in H1 2023 and interest rates will rise and POG stay flat in A$.
    The crazy whim this week that the FED would pivot is more hope than expectation.

By H2, I am expecting some seriously bad news in the US, the FED will be under the pump but will hold the line. As the economy falls into recession, POG in US$ will rise but the US$ will tank, knowing that it is just a matter of time until the FED buckles in Q4 and rates fall.

I wish there was a way of fast forwarding time, as I expect all precious metal miners will have a ripper 2024 making good margins and good money as the industrial world starts to falter.

Sadly, until 2024, ALK and all the rest of them will be victims of the same risk on/risk off investment drum, and will be range bound during 2023.

My approach will be to retain 100% of my core positions in various miners but trade on the margin, hoping to buy in the weeks of disappointment and sell out on any 15% or greater rally.

I am very happy to hold ALK as it completes its drilling and announces its results of trading each quarter. I do not eliminate the possibility of M&A, though that is not a factor in my holding.

As always miners must be measured on their particular strengths and held patiently. If one has high conviction on management and resource, it would be foolish (although understandable) to let emotion get in the way of investment. My remedy to falling stock prices in businesses I love, is to find another opportunity to occupy my attention. Strangely, there is no shortage of them around, though they each demand a lot of work.

GLTASH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.5¢
Change
-0.015(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $322.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
55.0¢ 56.0¢ 53.5¢ $719.5K 1.314M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 97843 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 85410 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.