ALK 0.99% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

Alk Chart, page-1964

1. 1,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 686
    A belated Happy New Year to all. Good to see IG is still up to his self-centred antics, but as he'll tell you, the SP isn't his concern - they are his shares after all.

@prhb, Agree, the psychology of this thing is very interesting! And even though it's in a downward spiral, I feel strangely calm with where the business sits. At some stage the SP will follow, but when?

The idea that IG is selling down to help attract a potential JV partner, or other larger investors, is a strong possibility - IMO. But the fact that he still sits at 18% PLUS has holding the chairmanship, is still way to much power for 1 individual to wield - if the aim is to attract larger investors. Now is certainly the time to start reducing his influence, esp as ALK should crack the 100Koz within the next 12 mths - which is probably another minimum base criteria for investment.

And within that time ALK will also be showcasing a very robust BODA business outline - more than likely at an equivalent size of potentially 3-4 "add-ons" that they could have invested in over the past 2-3 yrs. And all of it has been self funded. Kudos for that.

Unfortunately, IMV, until IG reduces his holding closer to 10% - or buggers off the Board - or preferably both, I feel ALK will be anchored to a small cap, one owner that just won't cut the investment grade for larger investors. But if any of this happens, my call is that the anchors will be cut loose - and that's just on the basis that the ALK business is just that good.

I look forward to the day IG becomes 'just a sub holder'...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 51.5¢ 48.0¢ $944.9K 1.900M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 134206 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.