ALK 6.54% 57.0¢ alkane resources limited

Alk Chart, page-30

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    By way of some variety on matters charting,I thought I might mention seasonal charts particularly with newcomers to share investing in mind.They show typical statistical variations on a seasonal basis (say monthly ) by reference to averaged long term seasonal fluctuations.September is typically (to put it bluntly ) a shocker. There are various reasons why particular months typically behave in specific ways and why in September the market falls. The adage "sell in May" because the end of the financial year is approaching is well known.September is worse than June.
    Of courset the market does not always behave typically according to how the charts show it has done in the past.For the market as a whole, or in a space in the market,or for a singular security there can be atypical behaviour. As we know sp is influenced by externalities, by announcements or news, outlier events which can impact individually, on sectors or at large and sometimes inexplicably. The current covid environment, and economic responses to it, can be seen,I think, as an outlier event unusual because of its duration.
    That said however, the seasonal charts are a useful predictive tool.
    This September looks pretty typical to me.The good news is that October typically sees a significant recovery.
    So if you in the red and bit despondent following recent falls, don't panic Other things remaining relatively stable and equal October should be better.The seasonal charts say so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.0¢
Change
0.035(6.54%)
Mkt cap ! $343.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 57.0¢ 53.0¢ $1.243M 2.231M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1869 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 30258 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.