ALK 0.00% 51.0¢ alkane resources limited

Conclustion: recent falls in ARU and LYC and delays to their...

1. 872 Posts.
    Conclustion: recent falls in ARU and LYC and delays to their projects will see their holders switching to our ALK share register.

Hi richrichie,
    Just a couple of comments from an LYC holder.
    You mention LYC was due producing Q2..in actual fact its always been Q3..Sept..2011.
    Despite the Malaysian protests,LYC are still scheduling first feed to kiln in Sept.
    The delay is subjective.

You probably followed the Crown affair with LYC.
    What it highlighted was that in the REE sector..being diversified is not a negative..however processing anything but REE,s from FUND Managers point of view is a total NO NO.
    The Crown is rich in Tantalum,Niobium,Phosphates,and the plan was to get this DIVERSIFIED up and running.

The major shareholders (75% Insto,s)..veto,d the plan..and Told LYC loud and clear..STICK to getting the REE,s to market..Top Priority.

So LYC is sitting on a diversified fortune..which probably wont be worked on for another 10 yrs or longer.

The processing plants for REE,s V Zirconium.(as an example).as LYC holders found out are like Chalk and cheese...totally different expertice needed.
    I was surprised you compared ALK to LYC..thus this post...ALK v ARU..clser to the mark..LYC is way way out of ALK,s league.
    LYC have 7 Contracts (Japan,US,Europe)and 1 letter of intent in their vault..thats what puts them in a different league...delay or no delay..and if there is a 12 mths delay..they are still a year ahead of ALK..fully Funded,Infrastructure in place..gobbling up all the new contracts from clients who need the stuff before their competitors..and will pay any price to achieve that.

Just a quickie comparing LREE,s and HREE,s.
    Its not that clear cut.
    We are not privy to the contents of the LYC contracts except one..with Rhodia.
    In their cocktail mix requirements..they require LREE,s mixed with HREE,s..not exclusively one or the other.
    When you have contracts and you have first mover advantage,you can pick and chose your clients.
    In LYC,s case they would have utilised proportionatly their element disposal..same old story..its not what you have,its how you use it..ie optimum level.

Do I like ALK..yes I do.
    Would I switch over from LYC..No.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $307.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 52.5¢ 50.5¢ $783.7K 1.521M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 85305 51.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.0¢ 65000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.