ALK 3.45% 42.0¢ alkane resources limited

Wide range of reasons why ALK is very different to LYC....

1. 220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Wide range of reasons why ALK is very different to LYC. Primarily rare earths are only a portion of the DZP output (LRE,HRE, Zirconium, Niobium). This de-risks the project for suppressed markets in a single sector as our eggs are in a few baskets. DZP is a uniquely balanced revenue source which I think must be ultra attractive to potential financiers.

Additionally management have very wisely not gone down the path of building its own RE separation plant. LYC did do this and had to rattle the can too many times while facing startup issues not to mention all the campaigning against the thing being built - constant legal battles had to be faced.

Yeah LYC management was terrible, mitigating against rock bottom prices was never on the agenda. I think management now is pretty good, but ultimately need RE price recovery to make it viable for shareholders. They are now pretty much at break even, or a small profit, but lots of debt so heavily reliant on support from financiers to keep it running through this depressed market. As mentioned previously alkane management indicate they do not need a RE recovery to make the project viable. They will still make a healthy revenue at todays prices. I'd say we may be unique there as well compared to other RE hopefuls, and doubt any RE projects are as attractive as the DZP at this point in time.

Best of all we have Tomingley feeding through cash flow and some promising exploration results. ALK don't need to sell their soul to fund the DZP if it's ultimately not in the interests of shareholder value. Great place to be, and a reflection of very prudent management.

@bobadah - If the DZP gets finance then gold will not matter, it will become just a minor by-product. - Couldn't agree more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $253.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 43.5¢ 41.0¢ $335.1K 796.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49120 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 83495 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.